I thought and thought of a way that I could cut the face of this picture and paste my own in there. Wow!! This is so me!
You know, growing up when you were watching television, it was nothing to see the little devil on one side and the little angel on the other. But hey, cartoons arent real so they arent either right?? Wrong! This is truly how it is. As a matter of fact this may be our whole problem in a nutshell. Battle between good and evil, wrong and right, should I do this or shouldnt I?? Cold hard truth.. its called a spiritual battle. A battle between what the Lord promises us we can have and do.. and what Satan tries to keep us from.
Satan is very good at making things that are not good for us, look right opposite.
My biggest down fall in life is weight! It affects my appearance, my emotions, my physical abilities, my mind, my self esteem, my confidence, my health, my diabetes, my asthma, my intimacy, my everything!!!
So with that being said.. basically I just dont like myself. Im sure most of you know the feeling. But, do you think that GOD wants us to not like ourselves?? NO!!!! Thats not how he intends for it to be at all. He came so that we could have life abundantly with joy, happiness, peace, self worth, etc.
Oh.. but Satan.. that little red man in the picture, says "Go on... eat that cake!!" Gain another 20 lbs and feel even more worthless than you already do because he came to steal, kill, and destroy us.
My point is, that as humans we always tend to fall for what is easier, what looks better, what taste better, or what makes us feel better at the time. Which in the long run ends up being what brings us down the most.
So when you are faced with a temptation to have what you know you dont need.. ask yourself the question.. what is this gonna do for me in the long run? Hurt me or help me? Is this from Satan or from God? Dont give in to the little red man on the shoulder!!! Be strong and Stand your ground!!

Well when it comes to food the little red man usually always comes out on top with me! There is so much temptation out there. I went to the grocery store a little bit ago and I am totally addicted to the chocolate fried pies by Little Debbies I thought about it even looked at them twice but Satan didn't win this time well per say he didn't I did get something else I bought a box of pop tarts thinking it might be a little better for me. You just have to say ok I am not giving in and I will be the first to say that is so hard. I went to the Dairy queen last night , just thought I had to have a blizzard, I hadn't eaten dinner so I got a kids popcorn chicken and Im proud to say I walked out of there without a blizzard.I didn't even get the free ice cream that come with it , lol !! Oh well I was proud of myself !! Thank you Wendy for taking out of your day to do this for all of us !!
ReplyDeleteI wont even remotely begin to tell what all I stumbled over and ate today! Now I feel like crap. Need to read my own words as well!! Your welcome it helps me to help others.
ReplyDelete