You no longer have to suffer being over weight and miserable. Tell yourself that it is time to make a change! Right here and right now! You can do this.. I hope that by sharing my story and daily journey, I will inspire you to do the same! Say you can and believe it! "I can do ALL things thru CHRIST who strengthens me." Phil 4:13
Monday, July 28, 2014
Notice the small stuff.
Good Monday morning peeps!! All too often when we are wanting to lose weight, we want to lose it right NOW. Like yesterday wouldn't have been soon enough. I feel that not seeing fast results is what slowly makes us veer of track and back into the old habits. You can not look at it that way. The best thing to do is set small goals. Make it fun. When you consume yourself with little goals and reach them to the point of being proud of yourself, then before you know it, you have reached the point where you were wanting to be from the beginning. For instance, on my first weight loss journey I had lost 70 lbs. I then got off track and gained 20 of it back. So my first small goal was to lose that 20 lbs in 30 days. This is the start of day 24 and I have lost 13 lbs. Now I am going to step it up and see if I can lose that last 7 in the next 7 days. I just keep telling my self that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and I didnt get fat overnight. So therefore I will not be smaller overnight either. But I was thinking... stop looking at the number on the scale and pay attention to the small things. Like if your clothes fit loser or you can wear something that you couldn't a month ago or if when you look down you can finally see your toes or how far the steering wheel is from your gut or if its less stressful to bend over and tie your shoes. Its the small stuff. Just like the title of this blog "from a table to a booth." Thats a big deal to me. What is your "big deal?" What small step are you going to work towards first? I do not know who all is following or reading this..but lets do something fun. Leave a comment saying something that you want to achieve. What small goal do you want to do first? What is something that has always bothered you about being overweight that you want to fix? Lets hold each other accountable. Keep your head on straight and when that old craving or temptation comes lurking around the corner...hit it head on with a "No thank you..I won't be stumbling over you today." Love you all! Keep it going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you Wendy and I am so proud of you! I had gotten off track and gained my lost and some all back. but you and your posts and now this blog has helped me more than you know. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
awww...thanks! Love you!
ReplyDelete